Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Countdown: Day 8

This is actually a craft that I did before December started, but since we were away over the weekend I wasn't crafting. So, let's just pretend I did this on Saturday!

Now, my house is steadily becoming more and more Christmas-y but there is one wall that is just depressingly...beige. It was needing just something. And, usually, in my house something = glitter!

So, I looked around my craft supplies to see what I could make that wasn't too complicated and that required supplies I already had on hand. There were plenty of paints, papers, and glitters...and popsicle sticks. AHA! I saw a pin that turned boring old popsicle sticks into beautiful snowflakes. That would be perfect for my sad little beige wall.

So, I gathered my supplies and got to work. For some reason I had such a hard time figuring out how to make a snowflake shape out of the sticks. It just wasn't clicking in my mind. I would arrange them and arrange them and it never looked right. But, I figured it out eventually and then wondered to myself why I found it so hard in the first place. Anyway...

Popsicle Stick Snowflakes!


What You Need:

Popsicle Sticks
Paint
Glitter
String
Push-pins
Hot glue gun

How To:

Paint your popsicle sticks in your desired colours. I didn't have enough sticks to do more than one big one, so I did a big one and three smaller ones. Two are blue and two are gold.

Sprinkle your popsicle sticks with glitter while the paint is still wet. I used silver glitter for the blue snowflakes and bronze glitter for the gold snowflakes.

Once they are dry, arrange them in whatever shapes you like. I followed this  for my big snowflake shape. Hot glue the sticks together and let cool.

Hot glue the string onto the back of the snowflakes, then tie to your push pins and hang!

Not very complicated, unless you're me and seem to have issues with assembling snowflakes.

My sad beige wall is much happier now and I am happier that there is even more glitter in my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment