Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Countdown: Day 13!

Many of the Christmas ornaments on our tree are ones my children have made. It's so nice to look at the tree and see all these little reminders of times spent with my children. And, my toddler always points out the ones he has made and which are his favourites. I like when there is sentimentality attached to ornaments, especially if they are able to passed on.

Plus, homemade ornaments are much cheaper and you can design and create them in any way you want!

Our latest ornament is one I have seen floating around the internet for some time and, since our house is riddled with a nasty cold, it seemed like a perfect time to give it a try. 

So we have...

Snowman Ornaments

What You Need:

Hot glue gun
Wax paper
Black paint or markers
Orange paint, markers, or paper
String or pipe cleaners

How To:

This craft really is super simple. You just make a circle of hot glue on your wax paper and fill it in. I made one snowman where I smoothed out the glue with a popsicle stick but it actually ends up looking better if you just leave it to settle on its own.

When the glue is still semi-wet you just paint on the snowman's face! 

Then, either hot glue string onto the back or, do like I did, and poke a hole in the top and thread a pipe cleaner through.

And there you have a very easy and pretty cute snowman ornaments You could add a little pipe, a hat, flowers, anything, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment