Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wedding Flower Craft

After we were married a year ago I kept most of the flowers from my bridal bouquet and pressed them between my copies of the Norton Anthology of English Literature and the Complete Works of William Shakespeare. Eventually, they were placed into a box lined with tissue paper until I knew what I wanted to do with them.

Finally, I came up with what I thought would be the perfect use for my pressed and dried flowers. You see, I'm a bit of a sentimentalist and I look for any excuse to relive our wedding day over and over....and over.

So, I came up with the idea to frame the flowers. Surprisingly, Pinterest didn't show me any similar crafts so I went it alone on this one.

So, I bought a simple black frame, cut out the correct size of acid-free scrapbook paper (in a plain pale blue) and then printed off a copy of our vows. I used glue tape (greatest crafting invention ever) to affix the vows to the centre of the frame and surrounded it with as many dried flowers as I could fit without it looking too cluttered. These I also affixed with the glue tape.

The flowers still hold hints of the colours they used to be. The dried blue hydrangeas are my favourite.

Now, I have a lovely reminder of our wedding day (other than all the photos I have) and I feel like I am getting extra use out of the flowers I spent a fortune on.

One of my favourite crafts to date, and so simple and lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment