Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Frozen Banana Bites

Yesterday, my toddler asked for a banana and then decided he didn't want it...after I had peeled it. So, I decided to make us a snack to have instead!

All you need...

A large banana, cut into thin slices
Yogurt (I used vanilla and strawberry)
Peanut butter
Wax paper and a baking sheet
Honey
A fork

Take your sliced strawberries and dip them into a bowl of yogurt, use a fork to take them out and then place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.

I put some organic peanut butter into a bowl and cooked it in the microwave for about 20 seconds, just to make it easier to dip. Then, dip your banana slices in this and place them on the cookie sheet. Another option would be to sandwich the peanut butter between two banana slices (if you're having a hard time dipping the peanut butter). I drizzled my peanut butter topped ones with honey, too.

Then, simply freeze overnight, or until as frozen as you desire.

My toddler LOVED these! All day long he's been asking for banana popsicles. The peanut butter ones are my favourite.

I tried placing a popsicle stick in half a banana, dipping it in yogurt and freezing it. That was delicious, too, but I prefer the smaller bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment