Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's Dinner

Making roast potatoes a little more special on our first Valentine's Day as a married couple!


Paired with stuffed mushrooms that I made up today but turned out wonderfully!

To Make Them:

Take 6 large portobello mushrooms (3 per person, or enough for one person to have leftovers) and wash them then scrape out the inside, leaving enough mushroom that they hold their shape. Keep the scraped out parts.

In a pan, cook 1/2lb ground turkey, 1/2 onion (diced), a dash of nutmeg, 1-2tbsp worcestershire sauce, 2-3 sundried tomatoes (chopped) and salt and pepper to taste. Once the meat is cooked remove from heat, add in the reserved mushroom and mix together.

Stuff into the mushrooms, top with grated cheese and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes.

I didn't eat them because I don't like mushrooms, but my husband said they were great!

For dessert, my son and I made red velvet cake (from a box) and cream cheese frosting. I don't think my husband has ever tried this type of cake...so hopefully he doesn't hate it! 



Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment